I finished editing Willoughby the Narrator a few weeks ago, and rested for a little before checking it again and then sending it to my editor. I’m on tenterhooks, because Willoughby was her guinea pig, and sadly passed away very suddenly while I was writing the first part of the book. When I got to the end of that part I had to wait a while before I got on with the rest of it, but as you know, I finished it in July.
I’ve also done the first major edit for The Princelings of the North, book 8. There is a bit of crossover business with book 7, and after toing and froing for a bit, I realised my planned fix in book 8 wouldn’t work, and I’d have to edit something that is said in book 7. But at least I can do that now, before it’s out in the big wide world.
The cover for Willoughby is coming along well, too. I imagine I might be able to do a cover reveal in late October or November, but I don’t want to do it a long time before I get the edited version back. I know there’ll be a lot of things I have to work on once my editor has wielded her purple pen!
Ah – and now I remember I do pencil sketches for Chapter Illustrations for the Princleings books. That could hold things up!