The Princelings of the East was originally a trilogy telling the adventures of our heroes Fred and George. Two innocents abroad, they leave the security of their isolated castle and venture out into a world of castles, tunnels, pirates and lost cities. They meet princes, innkeepers and travellers, become embroiled in shady business dealings, shipwrecks and totalitarian societies. Despite being guinea pigs (cavies) they live much like you or I would like to, and have much more fun! These are stories for capable readers of all ages; probably ten years and up will get most from them.
Jemima Pett published the first ebook in the Princelings trilogy, The Princelings of the East, in November 2011. This was followed by The Princelings and the Pirates in February 2012. The third book, The Princelings and the Lost City, was published in July 2012.
The fourth book is a prequel to the Trilogy, The Traveler in Black and White, and was launched in November 2012. Next comes The Talent Seekers, which follows the Lost City and was published in May 2013. The sixth in the series is Bravo Victor, set a few years later and published in 2014. The latest book is Willoughby the Narrator, release date April 2017, followed by book 8, The Princelings of the North (Dylan & Dougall’s book), in winter 2017/18.
They are published as ebooks (link is to author page or the first in the series) by Princelings Publications in conjunction with distributors where appropriate:
ebook box sets
Released on November 25th 2016, we have the first box set of the Princelings series as ebooks.
Box set 2: The Princelings of the East books 4-6
Box set 3 (provisional): The Princelings of the East books 7-10
Details will be added when available.
The six books are also available as paperbacks via the publishing house Blurb. Although many online stores list them, they may only have them in stock when you order them – so do order them!
These have their ridiculously simplified synopses attached – originally written for Shelfari.
- The Princelings of the East: 978-1-32-068500-9
- Two youngsters leave Castle Marsh, get into time travel trouble and sort it out with help from lots of new friends.
- The Princelings and the Pirates: 978-1-32-056735-0
- Princelings George & Fred get pressganged by pirates, meet the kidnapped Princess Kira, and end up in hot water.
- The Princelings and the Lost City: 978-1-32-056708-4
- Kira acts strangely after visiting a deserted castle with Fred and George. Will the secret lead to heartbreak?
- The Traveler in Black and White: 978-1-32-056693-3
- Mariusz goes down a rabbit hole and back in time to set up a new outlet for his cola business. Deadly danger awaits.
- The Talent Seekers: 978-1-32-056676-6
- Humphrey gains self-respect and friendship as he moves from one group to another in a strife-torn world.
- Bravo Victor: 978-1-32-069817-7
- Victor is sent on a mission to stop someone importing a banned drink and to rescue Prince Engineer George.
- Willoughby the Narrator: (coming soon)
- Willoughby survives by telling stories; his ninja training and freedom make him the ideal person to become a spy.
The Princelings of the East – the Trilogy was published on 21st October 2012. This is a print on demand book, a paperback, published in conjunction with Createspace. It is now only available from this website, using this link.
It contains the first three stories (which are designed as a trilogy), complete with their chapter illustrations and original covers in greyscale. It has 400 pages plus previews of three more stories set in the Princelings’ world.
Note that this edition contains the original version of The Princelings of the East. The second edition (as in the paperback of the single book) is much better.
Princelings Publications is an independent publisher, based in Norfolk, UK. Their website is http://www.ppbooks.co.uk